2. Support for Lawyers, Mediators and Accountants
Support for Lawyers and Mediators
Family Law professionals, Mediators and Divorce Coaches can call on Divide, as qualified accountants, to provide the following types of services for their clients:
- Determining the tax impact of financial settlements
- Determining future potential tax liabilities resulting from financial settlements
- Pragmatic general financial advice for parties who have separated to preserve asset pool for the ultimate benefit of both parties
- Where a business is involved:
- Desktop valuations [to give an idea of business value]
- Review of business financials to ensure financials are accurate [these figures are typically used for independent valuations, and taken as read, which lead to incorrect valuations]
- Review of expert business valuations to ensure conclusions reached are sound
- Deconstruct complex structures to highlight where relevant value exists for financial settlements – and where it does not exist
- Provide easy to understand financial and tax summaries/interpretations for lawyers and barristers to grasp the salient financial points in an efficient manner
- Where bank loans are required to facilitate financial settlements, assist with this to help understand what the loan limits/boundaries are to facilitate the settlement process.
Support for Accountants and Accounting Firms
If you have clients who are divorcing and you also want to help them preserve their combined wealth, or are unable to work for both parties due to a conflict of interest, then we are happy to sign non-disclosure and non-compete agreements with you.
It’s worthwhile to share with your clients that court appointed accounting experts are typically from larger firms and are expensive and have a specific scope that they are requested by the court to form an opinion on.
Our focus is on outcomes, not making the separation/divorce process go on forever.